Nowadays an armband tattoo is getting more popular. It happens because this kind of tattoo looks really impressive and unusual. Nevertheless, before getting this tattoo you have to compare all the pluses and minuses of such a tattoo and we’ll try to do it in this article.
1. Simple Armband Tattoos with Leaves & Flowers
This armband tattoo is surprisingly simple. It just features some leaves and flowers spiraling around the arm like a permanent little accessory.
2. A Half Mandala
A full mandala pattern would be too big to ink as an armband tattoo, so how about half a mandala pattern instead? Even with just hand a mandala pattern, this is still a simple design with juts black and white inking.
3. Words & Flowers
You can ink your own name with some bigger flower motifs to make up your armband tattoo too! In this case, the armband tattoo meaning would probably be more closely associated with the flower’s significance.
4. Colorful Red Flower & Leaves
Here’s another super simple armband tattoo design! There isn’t even a lot that is unique about this tattoo – everything is based on simplicity, which is a great choice too.
5. Celtic Knot Armband Tattoo
A Celtic knot armband tattoo is always good if you don’t have other design ideas in mind. Bonus points for the beautiful shadings and highlights in this piece!
6. Nature Themed Armband Tattoo
No doubt, an armband tattoo featuring birds and flowers will always be a popular theme. The mix of birds, flowers and little fruits give the entire tattoo piece a charming appearance.
7. Watercolour Design Armband Tattoo
We can’t quite place our finger on it, but the soft colors in this flower tattoo look absolutely gorgeous when contrasted against the two black lines in between.
8. Guess the Armband Tattoo Meaning
If you know, you know. This inscription-based armband tattoo would look familiar to anyone familiar with this movie franchise.
Armband Tattoo: Pluses And Minuses
Armband tattoos are really popular now worldwide. It’s absolutely connected with their cool advantages:
- Pretty easy to hide armband tattoo if you need it;
9. Minimalistic and Simple Armband Tattoos
The simplest armband tattoos involve only a recurring pattern that wraps around the arm like in this piece. It’s simple but lovely, won’t you say?
10. A Single Connected Line
No more bracelets needed when you have an armband tattoo like this one! You can even ink any selected gems or stones right at the sharp point of the armband tattoo, later on, to make it appear even more like a permanent bracelet. Cool right?
- A lot of interesting ideas and sketches;
- Perfect fit for both genders;
- Looks good in different colors;
- Cool for every body shape or age;
- May highlight your muscules.
Anyways you have to check some minuses as well before getting this kind of tattoo:
- No chance to make a big tattoo;
- Difficult to combine with other tattoos;
- Pretty difficult in the process of work.
In comparison, there are more pluses than minuses, but meanwhile, you would rather make your own list to get a sound decision.
The pain level of this or that tattoo is very difficult to define. If to speak of pain level it’s important to say that we may define it only individually. In this case, we have to mention some factors:
- Individual pain threshold;
- Tattoo master’s experience;
- Size of your tattoo;
- Thickness of your skin;
- The total amount of elements and colors.
Usually, an armband’s tattoo is defined as not that painful. A lot of people can get it without using a pain reliever, but it is always a very individual feature.
Cool Armband Tattoo Ideas For Boys And Girls
Boys and girls choosing armband tattoos usually prefer different motives and special elements in it. There is an important gender aspect, so let’s have a look at it below and name the most interesting and unique ideas for boys and girls.
- Tribal style. Cool manlike style showing your strength and self-confidence. Different variations of this style will give you a cool opportunity to express yourself.
- Geometry. A very accurate and beautiful option for guys. Geometry in a tattoo shows that this person is very focused on his buseness and moving right to his aim.
- Lines and minimalism. This kind of armband tattoo shows the power and confidence of this person.
- Trash polka. Vivid and amazing trash polka in different combinations is one of the rarest styles of tattoo. Usually, people avoid it, but they totally forget that trash polka helps you to look and stay modern, confident, interesting and cool.
- Animals. Choose the animal you like and get it as an armband tattoo! It fits all the guys perfectly depending on the meaning of this or that creature.
- Words. Millions of words, languages, and quotes, it’s very difficult to choose something special out of this variety. Stay on your own and find something expressing your personality at its best.
- Nature. Different natural elements such as trees or plants show that this woman is fond of nature, very thoughtful and romantic. You may play with colours or get it just in black.
- Flowers. An adorable flower is a symbol of spring and new life. If you love experiments, new emotions, and even extremes then a flower is your variant for an armband tattoo.
- Chains and bracelettes. It’s adorable as a female style. These tattoos will emphasize the beauty of your body and become gorgeous decoration for it.
- Space. For those who love to dream and whose imagination is really unpredictable and rich. Stars and all these colors of space are the best alternatives for these women.
Taking Care of An Armband Tattoo
Taking care of your armband tattoo is probably the most important process. It plays the biggest role because the result is up to this. Here are some special recommendations for people who just got their armband tattoo:
- Use special cream to make the process of recovering faster. Your tattoo master should tell you the name of this cream. You have to put it on your tattoo at least three times a day.
- Try to avoid touching or especially scratching your fresh tattoo, you may easily damage not only the whole picture but also your skin.
- Don’t go to the bathhouses or swimming pools the first 10 days after getting your armband tattoo. Also, don’t visit a gym or other public places too often in this period of time.
- Try not to wear a lot of clothes especially with sleeves. However, if you need it then you’d better choose a natural fabric, which is soft and gentle.
- In summer use the most powerful sunscreen you can find. It will protect the color of your tattoo and help you to save your skin. Especially this advice is important in hot sunny days.-
Remember that taking care of your armband tattoo in the right way is very important not only because of the quality of your tattoo but also because of your health. If you get any problems with recovering than tell your tattoo master as fast as you can.
Famous People With An Armband Tattoo
Armband tattoos are really popular nowadays. Even famous people all over the world choose this place for their tattoo and they aren’t afraid of showing it. Let’s have a look at them below:
1. Josh Berresford.
2. Nick Lachey.
3. Pamela Anderson.