Recently, tattoos got to the peak of popularity among men and women.
In modern society everyone tries to be different and has his or her own zest.
It became one of the tools or signs to stand out from the crowd and show individuality. While men with tattoos are less judged,
women on the contrary, still fall under the influence of society’s opinion.
A tattoo is a kind of art and many girls treat it as a way to decorate their body.
Each tattoo is meaningful and serves the purpose its owner chooses.
There are contradictory opinions about the women being tattooed, and there is no right side.
If you consider a tattoo to be a peculiar feature of your own personality, why would you care what others think?
But we all live in society and play according to the rules it sets.
Though it is necessary not to forget to be yourself, stick with your own crazy ideas and peculiarities.
If a tattoo is a way to express yourself, then it is worth its goal.
Moreover, nowadays tattoos are so beautiful, inspiring and meaningful they can really add a zest to your body,
pointing out the most beautiful parts of it.
The variety of designs and meanings are rich, and every woman can choose what resembles her inner world as she feels it and the way she wants it to be seen and accepted.
Don’t forget that you will never be liked by everybody since this is a rule of our world. It is your body and it is your life so you are the judge of yourself, not the society you live in.
Which Part of the Body is it better to put a Tattoo on?
Women’s tattoos are relatively new and spread very fast among women all over the world.
Usually, women get tattoos for beauty reasons or for self-expression.
Of course, there are tattoos that carry a deep meaning, but originally the true meaning of women’s tattoos could be saved only in the country with ancient traditions and closed from other culture influences, like India.
There, tattoos are put on according to the traditions and customs of the country.
But it doesn’t mean that all the tattoos that modern women have are worthless and have no meaning.
It is all up to you. When it comes to choosing the place to put the tattoo, everything is allowed.
It depends on the design, size, type and sketch.
The location of the tattoo has its own meaning, so think of the place before you enter tattoo saloon.
The most popular part of the body where ladies prefer to put the tattoos are:
- Usually, the tattoo is located on the upper part,
- Back – The perfect places for women’s tattoos are the back
and lower back.
You probably have seen a lot of letters,
or wings on these parts of the body.
- Hands – The hands are also popular places.
Medium size designs look better on the shoulders.
You can even connect this tattoo with one on the forearm.
Women love tattoos placed on the wrists,
especially in the shape of a bracelet,
- Hips – For a large sketch, the hips are the best place for women.
Masters can use the extra volume of the hip to make a picture really unique.
- Calves – Here you can place a number of interesting motifs.
But this zone is always complicated to work with, as there are many issues. The most common designs are flower motifs
Does it Hurt to Make a Tattoo?
The favorite question of all women planning to get a tattoo is how painful is the process.
If the fear of pain is too strong, probably you are not ready for a tattoo. There are a few factors to explain how painful the process can be:
- The part of the body tattoo will be on – Various zones of the body have a different level of painfulness. For example, it is extremely painful to make a tattoo in zones with a small amount of basting fat, like the ribs or hands,
and calves are less painful.
The areas of the elbows,
and spine suffer a lot.
The less painful spot for the tattoo is the shoulders,
as there are a fatty strike and a few nerve endings.
- Individual pain limit – It depends on the person, his or her reaction to the pain.
Some people can fall asleep even or stand a few hours during the process, but afterward feel incredible pain.
The others, on the contrary, feel a slight discomfort in the beginning but afterward can stand a few hours without even a hint of feeling pain.
- The master’s professionalism. Pain also depends on the equipment used. Experienced and professional masters work only with modern tattoo machines, which lower the level of pain.It also depends on the size of the design and the technique. Masters usually use tools with a slight pain relieving effect, like gels or sprays with Lidocain and Benzocaine.
- Psychological mood – If this is your first tattoo, you are likely more afraid of not pain itself, but of uncertainty. You have no idea how will it feel, and no stories of your friends will draw this picture in your mind. After the first tattoo, the fear of pain reduces or on the contrary increases, if the first time was too painful.
But if you definitely decided that you want a tattoo and want it right now then no fear will stop you.
What do you do if the tattoo came out in the wrong way? What if the master’s hand shook or your future to be husband doesn’t really like the initials of your ex-boyfriend on your belly?
Luckily, now you can delete the tattoo with different methods, among which a laser stands out.
How does it work and is it painful? Yes, it is.
Laser removes totally removes the first layer of epidermis, in case your tattoo is not deep. It will recover in a week or two. There is a selective method as well or masking the tattoo. But all of these methods are more or less painful.
Therefore, it is better to think twice before getting a silly design you might regret later on.
Popular Female Tattoo Designs
Unique tattoo designs can tell their meaning without even words.
It can express everything, beginning with pain, grief
up to love,
The meaning of tattoos for men and women are absolutely the same, but women prefer a certain design of tattoos to feel unique and cool.
The idea of a wanted tattoo is created by you only, but there are a few most popular and common tattoos for women:
- Anchors – Originally such tattoos were done obviously by sailors like captains, officers and so on.
The meaning remains until now, especially when the cruising industry is so developed, that even the waiters on board make a tattoo to remind them that the sea is their land.
- Angels – It symbolizes a spirit connecting the earth and sky.
It is one of the most popular pictures for women.
It protects you from evil spirits and negative energy.
- Night bats – By mistake people think that night bats symbolize misfortune and fear.
On the contrary, from ancient times, people used it as a protection against evil spirits and during rituals they healed the others.
Therefore, a woman making a tattoo as a night bat protects her from the deceased and negative influence.
- Butterfly – This is another extremely popular sketch among women, resembling beauty and nobility.
Moreover, due to the natural beauty of these creatures, the transformation from the army-worm into a gorgeous butterfly, the tattoos symbolize beauty and changes for good.
- Chains – Usually they are done in the shape of bracelets on the feet,
If the chain is broken, it means freedom and rebellion.
If it is strong and complete, it shows an eternal, strong connection, for example between a wife and a husband.
There is one more meaning, a bit sad and it’s the inability to accomplish something that you have always wanted to do.
- Cross – It is on the top of the list of wanted tattoos not only for women, but men as well.
It doesn’t mean at all that you are a religious freak and want to scream about it.
In Christianity, it reminds about the cruelty done to Jesus Christ. But he managed to forgive, therefore the cross tattoo means forgiveness, rescuing and humility.
- Pigeon – This is a worldwide symbol of peace.
It symbolizes the end of conflict or war.
It can also mean love and fertility, the hope for a brighter future.
- Heart – This tattoo can differ in color, shape and place.
This tattoo always carries individual meaning, but it has common sense for everybody which is love and adoration.
If you see a bleeding heart, it means that a person lost his or her love.
- Rose – One of the most beautiful tattoos in the world, this image can tell a lot.
It shows that a way to beauty can’t be easy.
If the rose is depicted together with a heart it means love.
If it is surrounded with diamonds, it shows that its owner strives for wealth.
- Initials – These designs are becoming more and more popular among women.
The style and font can vary, creating a true female, gentle and unique image.
Phrases in Latin prevail among the others, especially popular wisdom of ancient times.
The others prefer to depict famous quotes of favorite authors or just important people.
It makes such as quotes and initials meaningful for the owner.
How to take Care of a Tattoo?
Congratulations! You got your first tattoo.
The first step is done, and now proper care should be taken in order for the tattoo to heal. Follow these simple rules and in two weeks you can admire your sketch:
- As soon as the bandage is removed, the tattoo should be washed with warm water and soap. Don’t use bed agents.
- Remove the safety bandage only after 8 hours. It depends on the size and character of your picture.
- After the tattoo has dried out, use a healing cream, advised by the tattoo master and put on a safety bandage.
These easy precautions and measures will help for the best and fast healing of your tattoo. So in two weeks your picture will just bring you admiration instead of pain.
Many people are afraid of the question, “What is going to happen with a tattoo when they get old?”
And this is what we are used to hearing from other generations or friends who are against tattoos. ”Can you imagine how it is going to look in 40 years?” Women like to imagine an old grandma, sitting on the couch with a cigarette, glass of whiskey and a body full of ugly tattoos, which are destroyed together with skin. And now they resemble nothing more but a blurred outline of a picture.
It is true; the skin loses its elastic features, especially if you are around 80 so you can forget about it.
The picture of your tattoo becomes uncertain and mixed up so it is time to look at the photos where you looked sexy.
But have you seen old people with tattoos in the streets?
First of all old people are hiding their bodies under a ton of clothes, but those who are not ashamed of their body look absolutely fantastic with tattoos.
An old grandmother holding the hand of her husband has a small tattoo of a heart on her wrist and his initials.
Yes, they look different but isn’t it exactly what you want when you put a mark on your body?
It’s to be different than the others. Think positively, you’re going to be that cool and unique granny, sitting on the porch of your house with white shutters, and telling to your grandkids tales how you made your first tattoo.
Create your own fairy tale, be different.
Sketches of Tattoos:
The 25 Best Gorilla Tattoos & Designs
Are you looking for some inspiration on the best gorilla tattoos to get inked? When it comes to gorillas DNA,...
The 25 Best Marvel Tattoos & Designs
Are you looking for some inspiration on the best Marvel tattoos to get inked? Marvel superheroes are the world’s most...
The 25 Best Simpsons Tattoos & Designs
Are you looking for some inspiration on the best Simpsons tattoos to get inked? The Simpsons have inspired a lot...
The 25 Best Family Guy Tattoos & Designs
Are you looking for some inspiration on the best Family Guy tattoos to get inked? Good old-fashioned Family Guy values...
The 25 Best Cheshire Cat Tattoos You’ll Immediately Adore
A Cheshire Cat Tattoo is one of the more popular fairy-tale-like tattoo series for both guys and girls. There are...